okay, I lied. I don’t have my license to kill, but I do have my learner’s permit. as soon as my mom gets here, you’re toast.
I got dressed in my traditional Indian regalia, but there was a man, he was the producer of the whole show. He took that speech away from me and he warned me very sternly. “I’ll give you 60 seconds or less. And if you go over that 60 seconds, I’ll have you arrested. I’ll have you put in handcuffs.”
- Sacheen Littlefeather in Reel Injun (2009), dir. Neil Diamond.
They were MAD, CONFUSED AND PRESSED that Marlon Brando would betray White Supremacy in this way.
To this very day, they are TWISTED over this.
And when Littlefeather got up there and READ THEM FOR FILTH, they GAGGED. For eons.
So I imagine there are people like me out there who’ve never even heard of Marlon Brando and are extremely confused over why this is important.
Marlon Brando was the Don in The Godfather, and in 1973, he was nominated for and won an Academy Award for it. However, he was also a huge Natives rights activist, and boycotted the ceremony because he felt that Hollywood’s depictions of Native Americans in the media led to the Wounded Knee Incident (which I was always taught as “the second massacre at Wounded Knee” but apparently that’s not the real name). He sent Sacheen Littlefeather, an Apache Native rights activist, in his stead. Wikipedia’s article on her explains the rest:
Brando had written a 15-page speech for Littlefeather to give at the ceremony, but when the producer met her backstage he threatened to physically remove her or have her arrested if she spoke on stage for more than 60 seconds. Her on-stage comments were therefore improvised. She then went backstage and read the entire speech to the press. In his autobiography My Word is My Bond, Roger Moore (who presented the award) claims he took the Oscar home with him and kept it in his possession until it was collected by an armed guard sent by the Academy.
That is what this gifset is about.
You have GOT to read up on this. The Wounded Knee Incident, Marlon Brando and Sacheen Littlefeather, Anna Mae Aquash. ALL OF IT.
marvel studios is going through a moment where they could literally pick any character and make a successful movie if they wanted to. for fucks sake they made one about a team that not even most marvel comics fans really cared about, when no one was asking for a movie about them, a team that features a talking tree and a talking raccoon, and it had the fucking biggest box office of the year so far. stop giving me those weak ass excuses for the lack of female led movies
My favorite genre is “starts out normal but then turns into really disturbing psychological horror”
how the fuck does Old Man Jenkins weigh 250 pounds if Spongebob weighs 1 ounce
Yes, one of these! Click here to see proof that my past giveaways have all been real and that the winners actually received all their prizes!
How can I afford all these giveaways?
Well, I use an app called Feature Points. You basically get paid for testing apps out, it’s amazing! Proof that it’s real can be found here/even more info here! (I promise it’s no scam, the link sends you to a proof page on Tumblr!) So far I’ve earned over $400USD using an app, it’s the best thing ever!
- You do NOT have to follow anyone on Tumblr! But you could always check out my blog or my vintage photography blog! :3
- You MUST reblog this post - You can as much as you’d like, each reblog will count as an entry! Likes don’t count for anything, but feel free to bookmark it!
- Please check out my Bookworm/Fandom merch shop out here and it’s Teespring account (which sells funny fandom designs)! Plus it’s blog here (which happens to follow back 100%!)
- This is international, anyone can win and all you’d need to give your email address if you were to win! No worrying about giving out your address to a stranger! c:
- If you were to be chosen as a winner then you must be willing to help me prove to my followers that the giveaway was legit, just as these people have done!
- This post must reach a minimum of 2,000 notes or the giveaway will be cancelled!
- Follow my instagram account @bookwormboutique (3 extra entries) — you must send your username here and specify that you’re talking about instagram!
- Follow the instagram account @magicforgraphics (2 extra entries) — you must send your username here and specify that you’re talking about instagram!
- 'Like' my Facebook page here (2 extra entries) — you must send your ‘like’ number here and specify you’re talking about Facebook!
You can say you’ve done all three in one message, just make sure all the info that’s needed is there! c:
- One $75USD gift card to any online store that accepts PayPal as payment - Only if this post reaches 2,000 notes!
- One second place prize of one $25USD gift card to to any online store that accepts PayPal as payment - Only if this post reaches 7,000 notes!
- I might add more prizes the more notes it gets! c:
The kinds of places that accept gift cards are: Society6, Redbubble, Black Milk Clothing, Etsy, etc! There are HEAPS of stores! c:
The giveaway ends October 9th at 12:00am NZ time!
- This giveaway is in no way affiliated with Tumblr/Instagram/Facebook or any other company mentioned!
- All images above are previews taken from the internet, I own none of them!
Happy reblogging/entering! If you have any questions please feel free to ask me! Stay lovely! c:
"bisexuals are unfaithful and greedy"
you’re right. i have no faith in ur bitch ass attitude. i also want all of those brownies. no i will not share